Nominations for this year’s Solar Power Portal Awards, sponsored by Trina Solar, are currently open. Returning for its fourth consecutive year, the Solar Power Portal Awards will take place on 5 October during the Clean Energy Live exhibition at Birmingham’s NEC.
This year’s ceremony, sponsored by Trina Solar, will be co-located with the inaugural Clean Energy Awards, and no fewer than 19 trophies will be handed out during an evening hosted by stand-up comedian Jimmy Carr.
In the run up to the 30 June nominations deadline, Solar Power Portal is taking a closer look at each of this year’s categories.
Commercial Solar PV
The government’s trimming of the feed-in tariff has caused a dramatic shift in solar PV deployment, however the commercial sector continues to attract attention. A number of prominent projects have been completed in the last 12 months as companies up and down the UK embrace renewables in growing numbers. With energy prices only set to increase and decarbonisation targets in place, solar is finding itself a very welcoming home on the roofs of UK PLC. This year’s prize will award both installers and the recipient for their achievement.
Last year’s winner
Last year’s awards separated this category into three separate bands based on the project’s size (<250kW, 250kW+) and its use (best use of solar in a CSR project). BUPA took home the prize in the CSR category after impressing the judges by putting onsite generation at the heart of its sustainability endeavours, while installers Advanced Renewable Power and SBC Renewables took home the gongs in the 250kW+ and <250kW categories respectively. Joju Solar was highly commended in the sub-250kW award.
Do you have a project that you want to shout about? Enter your project now for the 2016 Solar Power Portal Awards.
How to Enter - 5 Easy Steps
- Click where prompted to nominate
- Create a profile by clicking ‘Login’ in the navigation bar, and inputting all the required information. Once logged in, you will be able to see information on all this year’s categories and judging criteria
- Log in to your online account and under the submissions tab, click “add new”
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click “save and submit”.
The Awards dinner will be held on Wednesday 5th October 2016 at the Hilton Metropole NEC. Tickets can be booked by contacting Stuart Bradshaw.